• Reaching Families Project

Online Support for People Who Care About Someone with a Mental Illness

Fear of Violence

Moderator: AndrewBCSS

Forum rules
Postings here are publicly visible and searchable with search engines. If you would like more privacy, you can post in the private forum instead. Please click here for more resources including in person support groups, newsletters and referral information.
janey649
Poster
Relationship: Parent
Region: Lower Mainland BC
City or Region: Chilliwack BC

Fear of Violence

Unread postby janey649 » 15 Sep 2017

My friend's 30 year old son is currently in care home recovering from Meth addiction and trying to manage his schizophrenia. She called me last night and is very worried he will hurt someone when he gets out. He has told her as much. Problem is none of the staff take her seriously as they believe kids 'act out' for their parents. She feels she has no where to turn and he is a time bomb. Any help or resources much appreciated.

Jean
Regular Poster
Relationship: Friend
Region: Lower Mainland BC

Re: Fear of Violence

Unread postby Jean » 18 Sep 2017

Dear Janey649,

Thank you so very much for reaching out and supporting your friend. I've forwarded your concerns along to our Regional Educator for the Chilliwack Area, but we do have some questions for you and your friend to help us better understand the situation.

You can contact our Regional Educator through email at frasereast@bcss.org or call 604-796-3466.

I hope this is helpful. If you need anything else, please let us know.

Good luck,
Jean.

Return to “Family and Friends of Persons with a Mental Illness (searchable)”