• Reaching Families Project

Online Support for People Who Care About Someone with a Mental Illness

Need help for brother

Moderator: AndrewBCSS

Forum rules
Postings here are publicly visible and searchable with search engines. If you would like more privacy, you can post in the private forum instead. Please click here for more resources including in person support groups, newsletters and referral information.
sarad
Regular Poster
Relationship: Sibling (brother, sister)
Region: Lower Mainland BC
City or Region: Burnaby

Need help for brother

Unread postby sarad » 20 Jan 2018

My brother has cerebral palsy plus severe OCD, anxiety, depression, aggression. He is on medication now but at nights he gets very nervous and has hit us a couple of times in the past year when he was very nervous. My parents are old and don't speak much English.

I have been searching for help with no success. Especially looking for someone or a group to take him out for fun activities on an everyday basis. his mood enhances when he socializes with people.
Please please help us I myself have anxiety and depression and this makes it very hard to find help for my family.

Shelleysteam
Poster
Relationship: Parent
Region: Lower Mainland BC
City or Region: Port Coquitlam

Re: Need help for brother

Unread postby Shelleysteam » 29 Jan 2018

Hello there, thank you for reaching out. I know this can be an extremely difficult time for you and your family. I would like to offer you support and talk about some of the resources I can inform you about in your area.

I am the Educator for the Burnaby Region. I can be reached at 604-679-4422, please feel free to contact me.

Warm regards,

Shelley

Return to “Family and Friends of Persons with a Mental Illness (searchable)”