• Reaching Families Project

Online Support for People Who Care About Someone with a Mental Illness

Can my brother be cure?

Moderator: AndrewBCSS

Forum rules
Postings here are publicly visible and searchable with search engines. If you would like more privacy, you can post in the private forum instead. Please click here for more resources including in person support groups, newsletters and referral information.
Angelap
Regular Poster
Relationship: Sibling (brother, sister)
Region: Lower Mainland BC
City or Region: New Westminster

Can my brother be cure?

Unread postby Angelap » 15 Nov 2011

Hi,
My brother was diagnose with schizophrenia 8 years ago. He was a regular student very social. When he was diagnose he drop univeristy. He got worst when my dad start getting sick and the idea of loosing my dad was affecting him. When my dad was in the hospital he took care of him and many other patients in the hospital with so much care and love that drs and nurses ask him to study to become a nurse. His qualities and great heart was over anything. When my dad passed away he dedicated to take care of my mom and the properties. He can go out by himself or leave the house because he fears somebody is going to rob the house and something will happend to my mom. As he the days goes he is more scare and he can't do anything outside the house without going with my mom or going with a friend.He takes his medicine everyday but i can't see if that will help him. he is 36 years old. How can I help my brother
please help me

AndrewBCSS
Site Admin
Relationship: Other
Region: Lower Mainland BC
City or Region: Vancouver

Re: Can my brother be cure?

Unread postby AndrewBCSS » 28 Nov 2011

Hi Angelap,
I replied to your other post here at this link: viewtopic.php?f=22&p=2875#p2875

Sorry, the first time a person posts, the website holds on to it until I come by to see it, and that can make a delay. Now that I've approved your posts, they will show up right away.

Welcome to the family support group,
Sophia
A reason to hope. The means to cope.
www.bcss.org

Return to “Siblings of Persons with a Mental Illness Group (visible)”