• Reaching Families Project

    Online Support for People Who Care About Someone with a Mental Illness

I’m worried about my child or teenager. Where can I find help?

Moderator: AndrewBCSS

Forum rules
Postings here are publicly visible and searchable with search engines. If you would like more privacy, you can post in the private forum instead. Please click here for more resources including in person support groups, newsletters and referral information.
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 1298
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Relationship: Other
gender: male
Region: Lower Mainland BC
City or Region: Vancouver
Location: British Columbia

I’m worried about my child or teenager. Where can I find help?

Unread postby AndrewBCSS » 01 Mar 2017

It can be hard to figure out what to do if you’re concerned about a young person in your family. Many people start by talking with their family doctor. If you don’t have a family doctor, you can find a doctor through the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. You can also visit a walk-in clinic. Depending on the situation, your family doctor may offer everything you need. If your child needs more specialized services, such as psychiatry services, your family doctor needs to make a referral for your child. [Read More on the HereToHelp Website]
Andrew Stewart
Operations Manager
British Columbia Schizophrenia Society
A reason to hope. The means to cope.

Return to “Family and Friends of Persons with a Mental Illness (searchable)”