• Reaching Families Project

Online Support for People Who Care About Someone with a Mental Illness

Looking for feedback - is there something we need to change?

This forum is specifically for LGTBQ community members supporting a partner or friend who has a mental illness and is facilitated by a community member.

Moderator: AndrewBCSS

Forum rules
Postings here are publicly visible and searchable with search engines. If you would like more privacy, you can post in the private forum instead. Please click here for more resources including in person support groups, newsletters and referral information.

Is there something we could do better to encouraging participation?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes
Don't know
No votes

Total votes: 0

AndrewBCSS
Site Admin
Relationship: Other
Region: Lower Mainland BC
City or Region: Vancouver

Looking for feedback - is there something we need to change?

Unread postby AndrewBCSS » 10 Oct 2007

Hi there,
I'm noticing that not a lot of people have posted in this forum and I'm looking for feedback on how to make it more useful.

Does privacy need to be increased, so that people need to sign up specifically for this group to see what's in it? Currently, any registered member of the forum can enter this group.

Would this work better as an email group?

Do you have suggestions on how I might spread the word that this group is available?

Any help you can give me so I can make this more useful to you would be very much appreciated. You can iether post them here or send me an email at onlinesupport@bcss.org

Sincerely,
Sophia Kelly
LGTBQ Group Moderator

careboy

Unread postby careboy » 30 Mar 2008

Just tell people at MPA and Coast and the Kettle Friendship Society that this resource exists. I have noticed that BCSS and Mood Disorders tend to be um... "middle class" and the previous orgs cater to very low-income gay people. Though at Mental Matters we have had BC civil servants drop by. There doesn't seem to be a GLBT non-online group for mental health consumers west of Ontario, does there? :)

MPA has been the most supportive so far.

AndrewBCSS
Site Admin
Relationship: Other
Region: Lower Mainland BC
City or Region: Vancouver

Unread postby AndrewBCSS » 30 Mar 2008

Will do. Thanks careboy.

This group isn't for mh consumers either, actually, it's for supporters / friends / family members and partners. (The funding for this project is focussed on making contact with families and caregivers).

All I know of for BC-based LGTB specific resources are on this board already, so no, not much east of Ontario, and certainly nothing outside the urban centres.

Glad to hear MPA's been supportive. Do you know if they provide referrals to familiy members and supporters?

Sophia
A reason to hope. The means to cope.
www.bcss.org

nwigwe33
Poster
Relationship: Parent
Region: Prefer not to say

Re: Looking for feedback - is there something we need to cha

Unread postby nwigwe33 » 17 Aug 2012

I just the forums in the way it is now, please do not make any modification on the privacy..
everything is fine I believe.

Return to “LQTBQ Partners of Persons with a Mental Illness (visible)”