One of the organizations affiliated with HereToHelp is having a free teleconference that you may be interested in. Please see the details below.
May topic: Mental Health of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning (LGBTQ) Youth
LGBTQ youth often face stigma and social prejudice in the process of exploring sexuality and gender identity. This makes them more vulnerable to mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, substance use, and suicide. Join our panel as they discuss how families, schools and communities can battle discrimination, create safe spaces, and empower LGBTQ youth to live full and proud lives.
Date & time: Tuesday – May 31, 2011 - 12-1pm (PST)
Registration: None required, just join us!
Audience: Open to everyone
Panel of speakers:
• Steve Mulligan, Vancouver School Board Anti-homophobia and Diversity Coordinator
• Kari Bepple, Safe Spaces Interior Community Services
• Jee, Youth Speaker from Qmunity
How to Join:
• Join us through the telephone by dialing 1-877-291-3022 and entering the access code 4611577#
• BC Children’s Hospital Staff can attend the session in person in Room P3-306 in the mental health building
For more information:
• Visit the events section of our website for previous audiotaped sessions, additional resources and events as well as any changes or cancellations
Questions? Contact Us!
• Call: 604-875-2084 (Lower Mainland) or 1-800-665-1822 (elsewhere in BC)
• Email: email@example.com
• Visit: www.keltymentalhealth.ca